What is Early Years Provision for 2 year olds?
2 year olds who live on the Wirral may be eligible to receive 15 hours per week free (570 hours per year) childcare.
Research shows that alongside parenting, high quality part-time Early Years Education helps give children of this age a great start and it provides them with a solid foundation for the future.
When can a child receive 2 year old funding?
If eligible a child can access the funding the term after his/her 2nd birthday.
How do I know if a child is eligible to receive funding?
If the household fulfils the following eligibility criteria:
- Has income of no more than £16,190 and claiming working tax credits
- Receives child tax credits with an income of no more than £16,190
- Claims income support
- Claims income based job seekers allowance
- Claims income related employment and support allowance
- Child has been statemented, known as an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Receives state pension
- Receives support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act (1999)
- If you (or any member of your family) receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- If you (or any member of your family) receives Personal Independent Payment (PIP)
For the official Wirral Council 2 year funding information, please click here.